Two Things: Best Quality + Best Price.
—Anthony J. Rouse, Sr., Founder
Anthony J. Rouse, Sr., started with one store in Houma, Louisiana, back in 1960.
Rouses Markets is now one of the largest independent grocers and fastest growing family owned companies in the United States.
Donny Rouse is the current CEO; he is the third generation to run the company.
More than 7,000 employees serve customers across three states: Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama.
There are 65 stores: 54 in Louisiana, three on the Mississippi Gulf Coast and eight in Lower Alabama
In 2020, Rouses Markets celebrated its 60th anniversary
- Making a difference in every community we serve.
- Supporting regional food systems by buying from local farmers, fishermen, manufacturers and vendors.
- Promoting our local culinary heritage.
- Celebrating local culture.
- Treating our customers like family.