In 1956, Ray Nidiffer, purchased a one-half interest in the 3,200 sq. ft. C&K Market in Brookings, Oregon. Ray bought out Kimberly and joined Collins in the C&K partnership. The company incorporated in 1967, taking its name from the Collins and Kimberly partnership, the new corporation was set up as C&K Market, Inc.
In 1969, Collins decided to retire and sold his interest to Ray. As the sole owner of the corporation, Ray and a strong group of employees began growing the company. The company has grown slowly but steadily in the ensuing 40 plus years, reaching a total of 51 stores in 2004. Along the way, substantial changes occurred in ownership and operation.
In 1997, Ray decided to retire and passed the responsibility of running the company to his son, Doug Nidiffer. Raised in the grocery environment, Doug has spent most of his formative years in the industry. Doug has continued his stewardship of the company and the ideals set forth by his father Ray, continuing to acquire and build new store locations, while updating and remodeling existing locations.
In 2005, Doug's son, Alan Nidiffer, re-joined the company after earning his degree in IS/MIS, and has served in various roles, most recently Executive Vice President.
Today, C&K operates 64 grocery stores in Oregon and California and owns a wholly owned subsidiary, C&K Express, LLC operates 15 pharmacies, including 12 Pharmacy Express stores, 2 Tiffany’s Pharmacy & Gift stores and Chetco Pharmacy & Gifts.