Delivering value and freshness since 1973
Our roots are European, but our vegetables are grown here.
High quality. Low prices. Hassle-free shopping that gets you in and out. A product assortment and store layout that’s refreshingly simple, yet full of surprises to discover at every visit. Lidl is not your cookie-cutter grocery store. We’re revolutionizing grocery shopping. We have a less complicated process that allows us to simply deliver low prices, high quality, and the best shopping experience for our customers. Here’s how we do it:
- We’re expert product curators. Instead of offering a myriad of brands in every category, our stores offer carefully curated selections that are top-quality and best-prices. So your precious time is not spent sifting through endless versions of products you don’t want.
- You’re busy. We get it. That’s why we’re masters of store efficiency. All our stores have the same intuitive layout, making it easier for you to find what you need quickly.
- We’ve partnered with local and regional farms and suppliers that meet our strict requirements. Every Lidl private label product you’ll find in our stores is a result of a meticulous selection process, including quality testing. We’re also continuing the Lidl tradition of offering new favorites from all over the world, keeping you looking forward to what you’ll find next.
- You’ll notice while shopping at Lidl that most of our assortment is our own private label - around 80% of our products, in fact. This means we’ve especially developed these products to match our high standards and allows us direct oversight of product integrity. Each product undergoes a rigorous testing regimen, which includes taste, quality and sensory testing.
- We’re more than just food. We aim to surprise and delight our customers with a diversified product assortment that changes every Wednesday. You’ll find anything from essentials for the home, such as small appliances or kitchen gadgets, to stylish gear for the whole family, to toys and power tools, to home décor and gardening supplies, and much more.
- We keep overhead to a minimum and eliminate any unnecessary costs. Take our “bring your own bag” policy. Not only does it mean we don’t build the cost of bags into our prices, this policy also saves you time at the register and is a greener solution. Additionally, we display our products in custom boxes instead of replenishing and stocking item by item. Our associates simply replace the boxes as needed, saving hours every week on stocking shelves.
Principles and Values
As an international company, we are aware of our size and public visibility. We respect the variety of cultures and recognize the diversity of their values and traditions. Our work is characterized by the following company principles:
- Customer satisfaction is our highest priority.
- Unbelievably low prices determines our position in the market.
- Our continued growth is determined by expansion and constant improvement in our stores.
- As an efficient company, we work according to defined processes and procedures.
- Our success is ensured by short decision paths and simple work processes.
- We grow through development and continuous improvement in our stores – we believe success is never final.
- In our daily activities we make sure to abide by the law and internal policies.
- We are an economically, socially and environmentally responsible company.
- Fairness to all in the company is imperative.
- We respect and encourage each other.
- Agreements are upheld in an atmosphere of trust.
- Recognition, acknowledgment and constructive feedback determine the operating environment in our daily work.
- We foster an environment for leadership growth to ensure continuous success.